CAO Application for 2024 is online at www.cao.ac.za. Members of the public that wish to study in Durban University of Technology, Mangosuthu University of Technology, University of KwaZulu-Natal, University of Zululand and some private colleges as we will see in this article are invited to apply via CAO.
CAO Private Colleges
Here is the list of private colleges that process their application for admission through CAO. Prospects of these colleges should apply with the guidelines in the next subheading.
AAA School of Advertising
Berea College of Technology
Berea Technical College
Central Technical College
Central Technical College
Management and Leadership Academy (ICESA Education Subdivision)
Regent Business School
Richfield Graduate Institute of Technology
Stadio (Embury) Institute for Higher Education
The Business School at Varsity College (Part-time Division)
CAO Admission Requirements for Online Application 2024
BEFORE APPLICATION, PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS INFORMATION.
If you have already submitted an application form, please do not submit a duplicate application via the Internet.
The CAO will only accept one application form from you for a specific entry year and term.
Have your school and tertiary study details handy before you start.
Five passes in GCE including two at `A` level:
- “A” level passes must be A, B, C, D or E
- “O” level passes must be A, B or C
Five passes in GCE as well as four at AS level:
- “A” level passes must be A, B, C, D or E;
- “O” level passes must be A, B or C; and
- “AS” level passes must be A, B, C or D.
Applicants from SADC countries who have five passes at ‘O’ level, including English language, may be considered for diploma study.
Passes in five subjects, four of which must be at HIGCSE level:
- HIGCSE passes must be 1, 2 or 3
- IGCSE passes must be A, B or C
Applicants who wish to enter degree programmes are required to have passes in English language and one other language, and must usually have also passed Maths.
The Matriculation Board gives details of requirements for those with other qualifications. Applicants should apply for a ‘Foreign’ or ‘Foreign Conditional’ Matric Exemption from the Matriculation Board. Institutions will usually assist with this, or you can consult the Matriculation Board directly.
How to apply with CAO
CAO Application 2023 uses easy methods. These methods ensure that every applicant finds their way through to gaining admission into the desired CAO institution. There are three methods of application
Method 1: CAO Online Application via Website
CAO Online Application 2023 steps to start with:
- Go to CAO website: www.cao.ac.za, click on the ‘Apply’ button
- Read the information and click on ‘Continue with Application’
- Enter your ID number or passport number and click on ‘Submit’
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Continue with Application’
- Start to enter ALL the details requested. Once you have entered all the requested information, click on ‘Next’
- Click on ‘Continue with Online Application’
- A pop-up window will appear with your CAO number, password, and EasyPay number. Read the instructions.
This information is important in case you want to access your information later.
- Click on ‘Continue with Online Application’.
- Follow the instructions and complete ALL the information requested, then click ‘Next’.
- Complete the ‘Next of Kin’ details and click ‘Next’.
- Insert the school name and click on ‘Search’. The school name will appear in a box and you must enter the year you attended that school and the year you finished attending that school.
- Click ‘Next’.
- When you reach ‘Process My Application’, click on the button.
- The message on your screen will display that your submission has been successful.
- You can now pay online and/or upload your supporting documents.
- Pay via EasyPay. See page 24 on ‘Ways to Pay the Administration Fee’.
Method 2: Application via CAO Mobile APP
You first have to download the mobile app. The app can be downloaded through the Central Applications Office website or App Stores, which is available for Android or Apple devices.
To download via the CAO website The app is available on the following stores :
- Open a browser on your device and go to the Central Applications Office website www.cao.ac.za
- Look for the icon for your device and click on it to take you to the store where you can install it.
To download the App via the App Stores The app is available in the following stores :
- Go to your store and search for ‘Central Applications Office’.
- Install the app with the following icon.
- Even when applying via the app you will have to upload your supporting documents online at our website www.cao.ac.za
Method 3: Application via Hard-Copy Application Form
This option is least Efficient
Handbooks and Application Forms are sent to your school. Find out from your principal and LO teacher. This application material should have reached your school by the end of April.
They are also available from the four universities in KZN and from the DBE District Offices.
You can also find them in some Libraries that also have the Handbooks and Application Forms.
You may also request an application form by :
- Contacting the CAO Call Centre at 031 268 4444 or 086 086 0226
- Sending an email to formrequestcao [AT] cao.ac.za OR
- Visiting the CAO office at Gate 11, Mary Thiphe Street, Cato Manor
5 Send completed hard-copy Application Forms to us by :
- Emailing it to formsreceivedcao[at]cao.ac.za
- Posting it to Private Bag X06, Dalbridge, 4014
- Hand delivering it to CAO, Gate 11, Mary Thiphe Street (previously Cato Manor Road), Durban. (Office Hours: 08:00-16:30 Monday to Friday).
Hope this article gave you all the information you need for your CAO Application 2023, please do well to share with friends online on social media.
Have you applied already and want to check your admission status? Yes, you can check your application status when you log in. Africadmission wishes you success in your academic pursuit.