The Ho Technical University Admission Requirement – HTU Entry Requirements: Ho Technical University Application Requirement, HTU Registration Requirement, Read full details below.
The management of the Ho Technical University (HTU ) has released the Application Requirement/Registration Requirement for the Student of the institution.
“Ho Technical University (HTU ) Application Requirement – Registration Requirement. HTU Application Requirement, HTU Registration Requirement, Admission Requirement available below.”
The Ho Technical University, HTU Students applying to Undergraduates, Postgraduate, Diploma, Masters programs, etc must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for admission.
Ho Technical University Admission Requirement – HTU Entry Requirements
HO TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
Entry requirements for a Undergraduate degree Programme
TOP-UP BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY (BTech) PROGRAMMES
- Bachelor of Technology, Hospitality and Tourism Management (Regular and Weekend)
- Bachelor of Technology, Automobile Engineering (Regular and Weekend)
- Bachelor of Technology, Agricultural Engineering (Regular and Weekend)
- HND in related field or fields of study with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division)
- Any other equivalent qualification
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMMES
- HND Agricultural Engineering
- HND Mechanical Engineering (Automotive and Production options)
- HND Building Technology
- HND Civil Engineering
- HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Food Technology
- HND Statistics
- HND Agro-Enterprise Development
- HND Computer Science
- HND Information Communication Technology (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Accountancy (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Marketing (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Secretaryship and Management Studies (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Banking and Finance (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Purchasing and Supply (Regular and Weekend)
- HND Industrial Art (options: Graphic Design, Ceramics, Painting, Textiles, and Sculpture)
- HND Fashion Design and Textiles (Regular and Weekends)
I. SSSCE HOLDERS
- Five (5) passes (A-C) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics and at least two (2) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization
- Six passes (A-D) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and at least three (3) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization
II. WASSCE HOLDERS
- Five (5) passes (A1-C6) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and at least two (2) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization
- Six passes (A1-D7) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and must possess a minimum of D7 in any three (3) of the passes relevant to the area of specialization
III. DBS HOLDERS
- Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE Credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least three DBS passes in relevant courses.
IV. GBCE HOLDERS
- Five (5) GBCE credits including English, Business Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies.
V. TECHNICIAN PART II/III HOLDERS
- Certificate holders with four SSSCE/WASSCE credit including English Language and Mathematics.
VII. TECHNICAL SCHOOL (CERTIFICATE II) HOLDERS
- Passes in English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus any three (3) relevant trade courses.
VII. MATURE CANDIDATES:
- Must be at least 25 years old by the time of application.
- Must pass a written aptitude test (English, Mathematics and General paper in relevant area)
D.NON-TERTIARY PROGRAMMES AND ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Course Duration: 2 YEARS for applicants with qualifications (i) and (ii)
- Pass in Intermediate Fashion/NVTI Grade One; OR
- SSSCE/WASSCE Certificate with passes in four (4) subjects including English, Clothing and Textiles or Visual Art.
CERTIFICATE II IN COOKERY
Course Duration: 2 years
- Passes in two core subjects (Mathematics, English, integrated Science/Core Science/Agriculture Science) plus passes in any two (2) relevant electives.
- Cookery N.V.T.I Grade 1&2 Certificate holders
DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS STUDIES (ACCOUNTING, SECRETARYSHIP, MARKETING, MANAGEMENT AND STATISTICS OPTIONS)
- Passes in (4) subjects: i.e. English, Mathematics and any other two relevant subjects.
GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE APPLICANTS
- Four (4) passes at General Business Certificate Examination (RSA II) including English Language and Business Communication.
PRE-HND ACCESS COURSE FOR TECHNICAL/VOCATIONAL SCHOOL GRADUATES
The duration of this programme is one year. It is designed for graduates of Technical and Vocational Institutions who have successfully completed their programmes of study and wish to pursue an HND programme in the University. SSSCE/WASSCE graduates who did Science, Home Economics, Visual Art, Agricultural Science and Engineering related courses but lack the requisite grades in the core subjects can also apply.
- Applicants should possess a minimum qualification of Intermediate or Craft Certificate or its equivalent in the relevant area of study.
- Students with SSSCE (A-D) or WASSCE (A1-C6) in any two relevant electives.
- Successful Pre-HND candidates will proceed to enroll in any of the HND programmes except Business related ones.