Makerere University Application for undergraduate admission 2023/2023 is out. Prospective Students should register with their correct details as registration Details are not Editable.
Who can apply?
- Ugandan, East African, South Sudan and international applicants.
What do you need for Makerere University Application 2023/24?
- What you will need for Makerere University Application 2023/24 is simply a valid E-mail address, A valid Phone Number and A stable Internet connection to complete the form on the MAK application portal.
Check Application Requirements – Step 1
Applicant must posses the Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least five passes, or its equivalent and at least two principal passes at Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) obtained at the same sitting.
For day programmes only candidates who sat A’ Level in 2023, 2019 and 2018 are eligible to apply and for evening, afternoon, and external programmes, a candidate is not restricted on the year of sitting A Level.
Detailed information on the weighting system can be accessed by following this link.
Hold at least a Second Class/Credit (or equivalent classification) Diploma or otherwise as specified in the Diploma Holders’ requirements from a recognised chartered institution, relevant to the programme applied for.
Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding institutions and one passport size photograph must be submitted to Office 315 level three (3) Senate Building after applying online.
Details of the Diploma holders’ admission requirements for the 2023/2023 academic year can be found here: https://www.mak.ac.ug/application-procedures/diploma-holders
should Be a Graduate from a RECOGNISED CHARTERED UNIVERSITY. Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding Institutions and one Passport size photography MUST be submitted to Office 315, Level three (3) Senate Building after applying online.
Have a Makerere University Mature Age Certificate for 2023/2023 OR 2023/2023 Academic Years.
- (i) (a) Applications are submitted online for all applicants but Diploma/Degree Holders and Internationals will have to submit CERTIFIED COPIES of their transcripts and certificates and a passport size photograph to OFFICE 315 AND 316, LEVEL 3, SENATE BUILDING.
- (b) Other relevant information can be obtained from UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS OFFICE, LEVEL 3, SENATE BUILDING OR CAN BE found on the University Website.
- (ii) A non-refundable application fee of Shs.50,000/= for Ugandans, East African and s. Sudan applicants or $75 or equivalent for internationals plus bank charges should be paid in any of the banks used by Uganda Revenue Authority.
- (iii) CANDIDATES WHO HOLD GRADES X, Y, Z, 7 AND 9 OF ‘O’LEVEL RESULTS SHOULD NOT APPLY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION.
- (iv) Diploma Holder applicants who hold class three (3) diploma certificates or pass Diplomas are not eligible for admission and therefore should not apply, except where stated in the Diploma Holders requirements.
Create your account – Step 2
- Visit https://apply.mak.ac.ug/ to create an account for Makerere University Application 2023/2023.
- Click on the REGISTER NOW Button from the Login Page, you will be redirected to a Register Page where you will fill the form with your details as they appear on your Academic Documents.
- During Registration, you will be asked for your First Name, Last Name, Other Names, Email address, Telephone Number and Gender.
- The Email address and Telephone Number MUST be unique and never have been used by any other person for applications before.
- After Successful Registration, you will be redirected back to Login Page and your One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to both your E-mail address and Phone Number.
- Check your Email and SMS for your login password. (For the Email option, please check the Spam folder as well)
- On the Login Page choose either the LOGIN WITH EMAIL or LOGIN WITH PHONE option and enter your Email/Phone number and the OTP you received.
- You will be prompted to enter a new password. Please follow the rules on password creation as shown on the page and click Change Password when done. You will receive a confirmation that your password has been changed.
Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid. If you changed your names please go to Senate Building Office 611 with a deed poll and gazette supporting the name change.
Makerere University Application 2023/24 – Step 3
This steps is about filling the form, to fill the form, the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the appropriate running scheme (E.g. UNDERGRADUATE – DIRECT ENTRY, MATURE AGE, Diploma)
Click and fill all the SECTIONS OF THE FORM one SECTION at a time. SAVE each FORM SECTION before moving to the next SECTION. When complete SUBMIT the Application
Obtain a payment reference number by clicking on “Pay for Form” Button
Make a payment at any of the banks used by Uganda Revenue Authority
Follow These Steps to Make Mobile Money Payment:
- Dial *272*6# on either MTN or Airtel
- Select option 3-Admission
- Select option 3-Pay Fees
- Enter reference number obtained from Application portal
- Details of Application form will be confirmed
- Enter PIN to confirm payment
Makerere University closing date for receiving applications for 2023/24 undergraduate admissions is Friday 29th July 2023.