MCVS Courses: Mikolongwe College of Veterinary Science (MCVS) Courses… The MCVS Courses are available online. Applicants can apply to available courses/programmes offered at Mikolongwe College of Veterinary Science approved by management. This page will show you all the information you need.
Mikolongwe College of Veterinary Science (MCVS) Courses is online now. Applicants can apply online through this page.
The Mikolongwe College of Veterinary Science advises applicants before applying for any courses of the institution to read all the information concerning the course of study such as duration, requirements, fees, etc.
LIST OF ALL COURSES OFFERED AT MCVS
Here is the list of Courses at MCVS:
- Plant Breeding Section: this section breeds varieties of all types of tobacco, focusing on breeding or selection for yield as well as resistance to common diseases such as Black Shank, Fusarium Wilt, Wild Fire, Alternaria, Bushy Top and Root Knot Nematodes.
- Agronomy Section: conducts research on agronomic practices that influence yield and leaf quality including types and quantities of fertilizers, plant populations, weed control, sucker control, and topping among others.
- Plant Protection Section: conducts research on major pests and diseases including their economic thresholds and effective control. Most of the work involves screening of chemicals for disease and pest control with the aim of developing integrated pest management systems.
- Soils Section: conducts research on soil physical and chemical aspects, fertilizer testing and use of lime in the field to stabilize soil acidity.
- Engineering Section: work in this section aims at reducing yield and quality losses during harvesting and curing. The focus is on designing, developing and testing tobacco curing structures or modifying existing curing structures so that they use various types of fuel economically.