- List of Courses offered at Nelson Mandela University
- Nelson Mandela University Application Form 2022/2023 & Guidelines for Admission
Nelson Mandela University NMU Online Application form for Admission for 2023 has been officially opened, late application may not be considered. Prospective undergraduate, postgraduate and international students who wish to join Nelson Mandela University in 2023 are invited to apply online.
The Nelson Mandela University (NMU) online application for admission to undergraduate study programmes for both South African and international opens on 1st April. Applications close on specific dates in the year preceding the year of study. The closing date for NMU Applications for 2023 all selection programmes is towards the end of September. Please refer to the admission requirements and available programmes before the online application.
Take note of these deadlines
- 31 May 2022 for MBChB applicants with the NBT (if applicable) to be written by no later than 31 July 2022.
- 30 June 2022 for Bachelor of Radiography (Diagnostic) applications.
- 4 August 2022 for early applications (excluding MBChB & BRad)
- 30 September 2022 for late applications (excluding MBChB & BRad)
- 30 September 2022 for international student applications (excluding MBChB)
2) Student Accommodation (On-Campus & Off-Campus)
- Closing date: 30 September 2022
3) International Applicants
- International student applications (excluding MBChB & BRad): 30 September 2022 (application fee of R500)
When will NMU Application open for 2022 admission?
Online Applications for Nelson Mandela University opened in early 2022 for 2023 admission. Furthermore, all applications for 2023 are expected to close on 30 September 2022.
Nelson Mandela University Online Application 2022 / 2023
Nelson Mandela University Aspirants from South Africa and other countries for undergraduate and postgraduate can take note of the following information.
- Your online application form must be accompanied by:
- a certified copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- a certified copy of your most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam results (no March results), or
- a certified copy of your matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12/completed schooling,
- certified copies of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct if you have studied elsewhere,
- a certified copy of your ID (birth certificate if still waiting for ID),
- a certified copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- declaration by your parent / legal guardian / surety if you are a dependant, or currently at school, or studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the University.
- If your Applicant Score (AS) and subject specific % pass marks do not meet the direct entry requirements for your chosen programme, you will need to consider another qualification as we no longer test applicants for admission.
- Some programmes have additional selection requirements; please consult the Undergraduate Guide for your faculty specific requirements.
- You can track the status of your application.
- The outcome of your application will be conveyed to you via our website and SMS. Please ensure that we have your correct cell phone number.
- If you are admitted, you will receive an orientation guide together with registration information in November/December.
- Final acceptance is depended on:
- your final school-leaving results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen programme, or
- the submission of your final academic record and certificate of conduct if you are studying elsewhere.
Equivalency Conversion Table to enable Percentages to be obtained from which an Applicant Score (AS) can be calculated
International/Foreign/NCV level 4 & senior certificate equivalency conversion table
- South African and International applicants with International, NC(V) level 4 or Foreign School-Leaving certificates, should use the table below to calculate an equivalent Applicant Score (AS) for admission, based on percentages obtained in such certificates.
- Applicants with international or foreign qualifications must also satisfy the requirements laid down by the Matriculation Board to qualify for a certificate of exemption for a particular international or foreign school-leaving qualification. Applications for such certificates must be made to the Matriculation board directly: https://mb.usaf.ac.za/
- Applicants will have to comply with the minimum Applicant Score (AS) set for the UG qualification they wish to apply for, as well as meet any other additional subject requirements directly.
- To calculate your Applicant Score (AS) use the symbols/achievement rating/percentages obtained in your school-leaving examinations to convert them to an equivalent achievement standard on the National Senior Certificate (NSC).
- Your AS is calculated using six subjects, which must include the language(s) and subjects required for admission but excluding LO.
* It is recommended that the midpoint of the NSC percentage range be used when calculating the AS, as the results of the above qualifications (excluding the NCV Fundamentals) are reported as either a symbol or numeric value. The range of Subject % exceeds the 100% mark to allow for the inclusion of the A Level and IB HL as both qualifications are considered to be at a higher level than the NSC.
** As the Fundamental subjects are considered to be at the same level as the NSC, use the actual percentage obtained by the applicant for Language and Mathematics / Mathematical Literacy. For the four Vocational Subjects use the values in the relevant column of the table above.
*** A symbol 4 obtained for a NSSC Higher Level / HIGCSE subject is regarded as a pass mark in the equivalent Ordinary or IGCSE level subject except for a First Language subject which becomes a 2nd language pass if another language is also passed (From: https://mb.usaf.ac.za/paragraph-15/)
|NSC||National Senior Certificate||O-Level||Ordinary Level|
|Senior Cert HG||Senior Certificate Higher Grade||AS||Advanced Subsidiary|
|Senior Cert SG||Senior Certificate Standard Grade||A-Level||Advanced level|
|HIGCSE||Higher International Graduate Certificate of Secondary Education||IB HL||International Baccalaureate Schools (Higher Levels)|
|IGCSE||International Graduate Certificate of Secondary Education||IB SL||International Baccalaureate Schools (Standard Levels)|
|NSSC HL||Namibian Senior Secondary Certificate Higher Levels||KCSE||Kenyan Certificate of Secondary Education|
|NSSC OL||Namibian Senior Secondary Certificate Ordinary Levels||NC(V)4||National Certificate Vocational Level 4|