OUT Online Application Guidelines for 2023/2024 academic session have been publicized. Open University of Tanzania conducts its admission application online through the OUT Online Application portal for 2023.
The Management is pleased to announce the procedures involved in sending applications for 2023 admission to Open University of Tanzania. The Application is done online at https://admission.out.ac.tz.
Open University of Tanzania Online Application Steps Involved
Open University of Tanzania (OUT) uses online application system (OAS) to receive and processes applications for admission in to various OUT programmes.
Here are the steps involved in the application:
1. For Direct applicants in to degree and Foundation programmes (form IV and form VI holders) make sure you have both Alevel and O- level index numbers which should be written in the following format (S0000/0000/0000) eg. S1122/0333/2017. If
the certificate is having three digits you must add zero (0) to make 4 digits. Eg. S1122/334/2017 a zero 0 must be added S1122/0334/2017. Do not upload any certificate.
2. For Equivalent applicants in to degree and Foundation programmes (Diploma holders) must have Award verification number (AVN) From NACTE. The AVN number can be obtained online from NACTE website through the following link award verification number (AVN).Please note that you may be required to pay certain amount of money. An Example of AVN is (19NA12212ME). Do not upload any certificate.
3. For applicants in to Diploma programmes and certificates (form IV and form VI holders) make sure you have both A-level and O- level index numbers which should be written the following format (S0000/0000/0000) eg. S1122/0333/2017. If the certificate is having three digits you must add zero (0) to make 4 digits. Eg. S1122/334/2017 a zero 0 must be added S1122/0334/2017. In addition, each certificate must be scanned in PDF format separately and must be uploaded in the OAS.
4. For applicants with foreign certificates must obtain translation of their certificates from NACTE for Diploma holders, NECTA for O level and A Level certificates and TCU for degree holders. Upon completion of online application certified Copies of original and translated certificates must be scanned and sent to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com .
5. All applicants must apply online by using names as appears in their form four(Olevel) certificates.
Online application is TOTALLY FREE of charge.
Start your application
Application link can be found on OUT website or CLICK TO APPLY ONLINE.
Online application button can be found on the top-right side on the website page see the image below
ON Clicking the online application button the application form will be seen
Steps in Filling the application form
1. Select nearest Centre, that will be your regional Centre
2. Select entry category it’s important
3. Choose Application type
4. Choose when/where you completed your olevel
5. Click next to proceed(if you have completed olevel in Tanzania-after 1987 your names will appear automatically )
The system will supply username and password on the screen and an email that contain those details will be forwarded to you
After having supplied username (olevel index no) and password then use click here link to proceed with your application
THINGS TO NOTE
1. Remember to click save after filling the form
2. Do not add extra names , your names should be the same as those appear on olevel certificate
3. Form six and AVN number field must be filled if required for your application
4. Note: If you have AVN NUMBER entry category must be equivalent
6. Click save/update and then next to proceed=
7. Select programme of studies
8. Enter schools
O-level will appear automatic if you have another sitting enter index number in full in provided field eg.S0156/0086/2003
Completion Year:eg 2004 and completed o-level in
After successful filling your school will appear
Click save if all details are correct don’t worry about DIVISION AND POINTS
AVN NUMBER SUBMISSION
1. If you have AVN number do not submit A-level results since in your case they are not useful, AVN NUMBER is enough
2. If you correctly filled all fields your diploma details will be displayed automatically
3. CLICK NEXT TO PROCEED
1. Click grades attained to see your o-level and a-level grade 2. Click confirm if they are ok
Preview your details and click submit if they are OKEY
Seeing the page in the image below on the application portal indicates that you have successfully completed the application.