The Stellenbosch University Admission Requirement – SUN Entry Requirements: Stellenbosch University Application Requirement, SUN Registration Requirement, Read full details below.
The management of the Stellenbosch University (SUN) has released the Application Requirement/Registration Requirement for the Student of the institution.
“Stellenbosch University (SUN) Application Requirement – Registration Requirement. SUN Application Requirement, SUN Registration Requirement, Admission Requirement available below.”
The Stellenbosch University, SUN Students applying to Undergraduates, Postgraduate, Diploma, Masters programs, etc must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for admission.
Stellenbosch University Admission Requirement – SUN Entry Requirements
Programmes leading to a qualification in Agricultural Economics include:
BAgric Agri-business Management
BScAgric Agricultural Economic Analysis
BScAgric Agricultural Economic Analysis and Management
BScAgric Agricultural Economic Analysis and Management with Food Science
BScAgric Agricultural Economics with Food Science
Basic admission requirements for university study
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) or Independent Examinations Board (IEB) school-leaving certificate as certified by Umalusi with admission to bachelor’s degree studies.
- A university exemption certificate issued by the South African Matriculation Board to students with other school qualifications.
- The minimum academic requirement for a bachelor’s degree is:
- 30% for a South African Language of Learning and Teaching (English or Afrikaans) and
- An achievement rating of 4 (50% – 59%) in four 20-credit subjects
- Only School of Tomorrow applicants have to write the National Benchmark Tests (NBTs) if applying for a programme in AgriSciences.
Faculty requirements for programmes leading to a qualification in Agricultural Economics
- An average of at least 60% in the NSC, IEB or relevant final school examination.
The average is calculated by taking your highest score in Language of Learning and Teaching subject (English or Afrikaans) + (5 x best results in 20-credit subjects excluding Life orientation and Mathematics 3). The total divided by 6 equals your NSC average.
- Afrikaans or English (Home Language or First Additional Language) 4 (50%)
- Mathematics 5 (60%)
- Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) 4 (50%)
- In exceptional cases, applicants applying for the BAgric Agri-business Management programme without Physical Sciences can be made an offer (i.e. students must have obtained an average of at least 60% and Mathematics at least 60%). Please contact the Faculty administrator, Mrs Ghafsa Gamiet (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
- All programmes are selection programmes and applications will be considered according to the rules and procedures as set out in the Selection guidelines and admission policy for undergraduate programmes for the Faculty of AgriSciences. For full detail, visit: http://www.sun.ac.za/english/maties/Documents/AgriSciences.pdf