TATU Cut off Points has been announced and published online for determining the admission of freshers into Tamale Technical University’s 2022 — 2023 programmes/courses.
The Cut off point refers to an agreed score set by the Administration of an institution as a basis for admitting students into the department of study. It determines though not limited to the admission status of the candidate.
Tamale Technical University sometimes sets cut-off points/marks differently for courses. However, there is a minimum cut off point for admission into the University as a whole.
TATU CUT OFF POINTS/MARKS 2022/2023
Here is the agreed score for students’ admission into the Tamale Technical University for 2022/23.
1. Arts, Humanities and Business HND Programmes
- HND Accountancy – Morning and Evening Sessions
- HND Secretaryship and Management Studies – Morning and Evening Sessions
- HND Marketing – Morning and Evening Sessions
- HND Fashion Design and Textiles Studies
- HND Industrial Arts (Leather Works, Ceramics, Graphic Design, Painting & Decorating and Textiles options)
- HND Tourism
- HND Mass and Media Communication.
Entry requirement for Arts, Humanities and Business (Direct Entry)
(i) WASSCE / SSSCE Candidates: Three(3) core subjects (A1 – D7 / A – D) comprising English
Language, Mathematics and Social Studies or Integrated Science, plus three
(3) relevant elective subjects (A1 – C6 / A – D) .
(ii) GBCE/RSA II Candidates: Credit passes (A-D) in five (5)
subjects comprising three(3) core subjects including English language,
Mathematics plus two (2) relevant elective subjects.
(iii) DBS/ABC/RSA III /Senior Stenographer
Candidates: Applicants must possess the following certificates; DBS Certificate
or Diploma Certificate in ABCE or Diploma certificate in RSA III, in addition
to four WASSCE credit passes (A1-C6) or four SSSCE passes (A-D) or four GBCE
passes or four RSA II passes including English Language and Mathematics.
(iv) GCE Advance Level Candidates: Passes
in Three (3) relevant subjects and five (5) credit passes in five (5) GCE ‘O’
Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
2. Science and Technology HND Programmes
- HND Mechanical Engineering (Plant, Production, Automobile, Welding and Fabrication options)
- HND Agricultural Engineering
- HND General Agriculture
- HND Building Technology
- HND Statistics
- HND Hospitality, Tourism Management (HTM) – Morning and Weekends Sessions
- HND Electricals/Electronics Engineering – Morning and Weekends Sessions
- HND Information and Communication Technology – Morning and Evening Sessions
Entry Requirements for Science and Technology Programmes (Direct Entry)
- SSSCE/WASSCE Applicants: Six (6) passes (A – D/A1 – D7) in all subjects including English Language and Core Mathematics; three of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization with minimum grades of C6.
- GCE Advanced Level Candidates: Passes in three (3) relevant subjects and five (5) credit passes in five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- Technical School (Certificate II) Applicants (NABPTEX &TEU): Applicants must have Six (6) passes (A-E) in all subjects including English Language and Core Mathematics; three of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization.
- Technician Applicants (MET 1 / MVT 1 / AET 1 / AMW): Technician certificates (Part I and Part II) or a pass in Ordinary Technician Diploma plus four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE passes (A – D/A1 – D7) including English Language and Core Mathematics.
- Access Applicants: Passes in English language, Mathematics and Science organized by NABPTEX, plus Technician certificate or SSSCE/WASSCE passes in one (1) core subject, one (1) science elective subject and any other science subject.
Mature Applicants for all Progammes
Applicants who have evidence of completing school at Advanced or Technical programmes, GCE ‘O’ Level, GCE “A” Level, ABC, RSA, Stenographer, WASSCE/SSSCE, Teachers certificate or any recognized education and obtained the age of 25 years and above but have not met the above stated requirements are eligible to apply as mature candidates. In addition, such applicants:
a) Must pass a written examination and an interview to be conducted by the Polytechnic.
b) Must provide evidence of at least two (2) years working experience.
c) Must provide a Birth Certificate at the interview.
Other entry RequirementsCertificates or Diplomas holders from recognized higher
institutions are eligible to apply for any related HND programme. However, such
Diplomas/Certificates must be accredited by the National Accreditation Board
3. Top-up Degree Programmes
- Bachelor of Technology in Accounting with computing
- Bachelor of Technology in Agricultural Engineering
- HND certificate, University diploma, post-graduate, or professional certificate in relevant field, plus two (2) years working experience in a related industry.
- Level ii or higher of ACCA, ICAG, CIMA or its equivalents for Accounting with Computing only
- Advanced Diploma in Computerized Accounting or its equivalents from a recognized institution
- Any NAB accredited (non-Accounting) degree (The applicant will have to pass an interview to be considered
After checking that you meet the minimum point for admission, proceed to complete the TATU Admission Form. The admission form contains procedures to take to apply for 2022 admission.
We are willing to help you with any clarifications you may need on this topic. Please leave your question in the comments section below and we will be most willing to attend to them. However, if we are unable to, we will provide you with the contacts of Tamale Technical University that will surely help you further.
Please remember to share this post on social media to let others know, thanks.