The requirements for undertaking the University of Cape Town (UCT) Economics and Finance.
At UCT, as at universities all over the world, enrolments in economics classes are growing rapidly. An undergraduate degree in economics prepares you for entrance into the world of business, finance, and management. It provides an excellent background for those entering into agricultural economics, international trade, the environment, public policy, education, and health. Many economists trained at UCT have taken up managerial positions in the manufacturing, agricultural, mining, banking and financial sectors and several public enterprises and state departments.
The School of Economics offers the following undergraduate economics programmes:
- Bachelor of Business Science specialising in Economics
- Bachelor of Business Science specialising in Economics with Law
- Bachelor of Social Science Degree Majoring in Economics
- Bachelor of Commerce in Economics and Finance [CB001ECO02]
- Bachelor of Commerce specialising in Economics and Statistics [CB001ECO04]
- Bachelor of Commerce specialising in Economics with Law [CB001ECO03]
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) [CB001PHI03]
Your next move
UCT offers many programmes. If you do not meet up to the requirements of this programme you can consider another programme on the list. Go to >> University of Cape Town Faculties/Programmes.
However, if you meet the requirements and wish to apply to study this course. You can simply check the application processes.