The requirements for undertaking the University of the Free State (UFS) Geography.
Welcome to the Geography Department! The department resides in the Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences, but also caters for students in the Faculty of the Humanities. The Department of Geography is present on two UFS campuses, namely Bloemfontein and QwaQwa, and each campus offers various undergraduate, honours, master’s and doctoral degrees. We offer quality education in many geography disciplines, ranging from environmental studies, human geography, physical geography and geographical information systems.
It is a focused and dynamic department where students are more than just numbers. Students are exposed to real-world issues, and are taken on excursions to expose them to practical environmental and developmental problems.
What can I become after studying Geography?
- Environmental manager
- Environmental impact assessor/auditor
- Town and regional planner
- GIS specialist in private and public sectors
- Work in local, provincial, and national government departments related to land-use change, strategic spatial planning, housing planning
- Work in integrated development planning and local economic development
However, if you meet the requirements and wish to apply to study this course. You can simply check the application processes.