The requirements for undertaking the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) B A Music & Drama Performance.
Drama and Performance Studies is of interest to ALL students, not only those in the School of Arts. No previous experience of qualifications in drama or theatre is necessary. Some students may have studied Speech and Drama as a Matriculation subject; as the course offered at university does not duplicate the High School syllabus, but offers new approaches to the study of drama, those who have not studied Speech and Drama will not be at a disadvantage. No audition of any kind is required for students wishing to study in the Drama and Performance Studies programme.
- Bachelor of Arts (with Drama and Performance Studies as ONE of the two required major subjects.)
- Bachelor of Arts in Music and Drama Performance (a structured degree, offered in conjunction with the Music programme, and run by Music. Students wishing to register for this degree must consult with the Music programme. No audition is required for the Drama and Performance Studies component.)
- Bachelor of Arts in Drama and Performance Studies (a structured degree in which students focus on the study of Drama and cognate disciplines. This degree is currently NOT being offered at Howard College.)
It is also possible to do Drama and Performance Studies as a major in the Bachelor of Social Science degree, provided that the other major is a recognized Social Science subject.
- Bachelor of Arts Honours in Drama and Performance Studies
- Master of Arts in Drama and Performance Studies (a coursework MA programme)
- Master of Arts (a research MA programme)
However, if you meet the requirements and wish to apply to study this course. You can simply check the application processes.