The requirements for undertaking the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) B Soc Sc Housing .
National Senior Certificate or Senior Certificate
- Applicants to undergraduate degree programmes must be in possession of a National Senior Certificate for Degree Studies (NSC-Deg) or a Senior Certificate with endorsement.
- Applicants to undergraduate diploma programmes must be in possession of a National Senior Certificate for Diploma studies (NSC-Dip) or Senior Certificate.
Medium of Instruction
- The medium of instruction at UKZN is English, and UKZN requires a pass in English (Home Language or First Additional Language (FAL)) at Level 4 (50% or above) but note that the College of Law requires a pass in English Home language at Level 5 or English as FAL on Level 6. For admission to Diplomas or Alternative Access programmes a lower performance in English may be acceptable. In the Senior Certificate a pass for English at First or Second Language HG E is required.
- UKZN degree programmes require a pass in Life orientation at Level 4. Access Programmes may consider a pass at Level 3.
Minimum Composite Academic Performance Score
- (NSC-Deg and Senior Certificate)
Each programme has determined a minimum composite Academic Performance Score required for admission to the programme. This is however the minimum score required for consideration and learners just meeting this minimum cannot be assured of admission. Applicants to programmes are ranked according to APS and selection is done from the top down until the number of places available in the specific programme is filled. Competition for places is high and it is unlikely that applicants not meeting the APS for a specific programme will be considered.
Subject requirements and Levels of Performance
- In addition subject requirements and minimum Levels of performance in specific subjects are set for admission to UKZN programmes. Applicants who did not include the correct subjects in their NSC-Deg or who did not obtain the required level of performance in specific subjects required for admission to a programme, will not be considered.
|Programme||Programme Code||Entry Requirements||Points||Duration|
|B Soc Sc Housing||KN-H-SOR||NSC-Deg with Engl & LO 4 & one of: Bus Stud, Cons Stud, Dram Arts, Econ, Geog, Hist, Info Tech, Life Sci, Maths Lit, Music, Religion Stud, Vis Arts, any lang HL/FAL 5||48-28||3 Years|
|B Community & Development Studies||KN-H-BDS||NSC-Deg with Engl & LO 4 & one of: Bus Stud, Cons Stud, Dram Arts, Econ, Geog, Hist, Info Tech, Life Sci, Maths Lit, Music, Religion Stud, Vis Arts, any lang HL/FAL||48-28||3 Years|
However, if you meet the requirements and wish to apply to study this course. You can simply check the application processes.