- List of Courses offered at University of South Africa
- UNISA Prospectus 2023 PDF Download Procedure
- UNISA Online Application Form 2022/2023 & Guidelines
UNISA online application 2022 academic year are closed. University of South Africa (UNISA) undergraduate and postgraduate online application forms for 2023 admission will however open from 1st April 2022.
The University of South Africa (UNISA) publicizes online the application guidelines for admission into undergraduate and postgraduate programs for the 2023/2024 academic year/session. A late application period has been granted for some Postgraduate diplomas and Honours degrees, from 24 January 2022 until 4 February 2022
UNISA application process is seemingly the same and does not easily/frequently change with time.
Candidates for UNISA admissions are expected to complete applications for any course before the closing date.
Applicants are also expected to meet the requirements before applying for admission.
We recommend you also check the UNISA prospectus
- first-time Unisa applicants
- Unisa students changing to a new qualification and/or specialization
- applicants who previously applied for admission and were not offered a space or who were offered a space accepted the offer and did not register
- students completing a higher certificate or any other programme and who wish to continue with further undergraduate studies
How to Apply for UNISA Application 2023
The application forms are available online on the portal. However, UNISA prospective students can make applications physically to the respective office aside from the online applications. Start with these steps to begin UNISA Application.
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your qualifications be successful).
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application. If successful, Unisa will indicate for which qualification you have been accepted and will offer you a space for the period for which you have applied (ie semester 1).
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time. If you miss this deadline, Unisa will withdraw the offer and give your space to another applicant.
- First-time applicants to Unisa will be required to complete the First-Year Experience (FYE) MOOC (massive open online course) before being able to accept Unisa’s offer.
- You may only accept one offer. This means that when you accept an offer for one qualification (irrespective of whether it is your first or second qualification of choice), the other offer will automatically fall away.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the period for which you have been granted admission (ie semester 1). Should you not register for the relevant semester of study, you will need to re-apply for admission during the next application period.
How students are admitted
- At the heart of the selection process is a calculation of your individual points score, which takes into account your final Grade 12 marks and other key factors such as the school you attended, and your gender, socio-economic group, race, and so on.
- Before submitting an application, please check whether you meet the statutory and college-specific admission requirements, and the required academics points score (APS) for your chosen qualification(s). A higher certificate requires a minimum APS of 15, diploma requires a minimum APS of 18, and a bachelor’s degree a minimum APS of 21 or more (some exceptions apply).
- It is important to note that you will not automatically be accepted to study through Unisa in semester 1 of 2021. Students will be accommodated on the basis of the number of places available for each qualification.
We hope you found this update from the University of South Africa helpful, if yes please share with others using the share buttons below. You can also leave a comment below if you have something to say/ask.