University of Nairobi January 2023 Intake is ongoing. Find UON courses available for January 2023.
The Management of the University of Nairobi (UON) wishes to bring to your notice the opening of its 2023 intake for different programmes. Please go through the requirements for a programme before applying for that programme.
It is important that you read through this guide to learn how to apply it on your own. Since the University does not use representatives or agencies, if you do not make your application on your own you do so at your own risk.
University of Nairobi January 2023 Intake
Before applying for January Intake, ensure you meet the requirements, here are some things to consider before applying besides the programme requirements.
You will only be able to submit your online application once you have:
- Completed the full online application form
- Uploaded all the necessary scanned supporting documents in .pdf format
- Either paid the application fee by any of the provided means.
- If you have not successfully paid by either means, your form has not been submitted.
What to do after the application
Once your application has been successfully submitted after you have clicked VERIFY and APPLY:
- You will no longer be able to do any further editing of your application via the Online
- You will be informed by SMS and Email what your allocated reference number is.
- You will also be sent other important procedures describing how to check your progress
and application results in your Email.
How to apply
Step 1: Access from your computer www.application.uonbi.ac.ke
Step 2: Profile Registration – For first-time applicants create a personal profile by clicking on “Click Here to Register Button” to proceed to fill the all the required information
Step 3: To apply for a University programme you will be required to complete your profile. These include your Personal details, Contact information, Education background, Work experience and
Referees. You will also be required to upload scanned copies of your certificates, transcripts and passport photo.
Step 4: Only when your profile is complete can you apply for the programme you wish to undertake. Go to “Click here to apply” menu option on the Dashboard where you will select your programme from the intakes that are open at the time of making the application. Then click on “Apply for intake” Button
Payment of Application Fees
If satisfied and wish to proceed you will be directed to the payment section where you pay the application fees. The system supports online payment using Master and Visa cards, Mpesa and payment through the bank. In each case the system will issue an applicant reference number which should be used as the account no when making the payment.
Pay the required amount through your mobile phone by M-PESA following the instructions below:
- Go to M-PESA on your phone.
- Select Lipa na M-PESA option
- Select Pay Bill option.
- Enter Business no.
- Enter your Reference number as sent to your mobile phone
- Enter the Amount you intend to pay.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send
N/B. Only make the payment if you have been allocated an application reference number sent to your phone or email
APPLICATION FEE PAYMENT USING VISA CARD
You can also pay using a VISA debit or credit card by choosing the VISA option as shown
PAYMENT BY DIRECT BANKING
- Visit any Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) branch
- Obtain a cash deposit slip
- Enter the branch as University Way
- Enter Account number 1177475707
- Enter Account Name University of Nairobi (CESSP)
- Quote the application reference number as sent to your mobile phone
- Enter amount being paid eg. (KES3,000.00)
- Deposit your money
- Log in to your online application account to confirm that the payment has been processed
TRACKING APPLICATION STATUS
The Online application system provides a mechanism for applicants to track the progress of admission process at any given time, and also download the admission letter and joining instructions.
All this can be done from the applicant’s portal account by click of a button.
CHANGE OF APPLIED COURSE
The applicant may request for a change course in the following instances:-
- They did not meet the admission criteria for the programme applied and therefore have not been shortlisted.
- They wish to change the course applied for.
- The applicant is not eligible for the course they have applied for.
To apply for the change of course the applicant may write a letter to the Academic Registrar, requesting for “Change of Applied Course” Quoting their Application Reference Number and indicating clearly the new course they wish to change to. This letter may be emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no additional cost to a request for Change of Course.