University of Pretoria, UP Application form for Admission for 2024 has been officially closed, unfortunately, no late application can be considered. Applicants aspiring to be in the University of Pretoria that were not successful are advised to visit the Central Application Clearing House (CACH) for further assistance: https://cach.cas.ac.za. UP application 2023 will open on 1 April 2024.
The Management of the University of Pretoria (UP) Application for admission to undergraduate study programmes for both South African and international citizens close on specific dates in the year preceding the year of study. The closing date for UP Applications for 2023 all selection programmes is 30th June 2024.
UP APPLICATION 2024
University of Pretoria Aspirants from South Africa and other countries for undergraduate and postgraduate can follow these steps to register for late applications 2024.
The Online Application System is intended for use by new prospective students submitting an application to UP for the first time. It is not intended for students presently registered at the University of Pretoria.
To use the Online Application System you will need the following:
- internet access
- an email address which you can access regularly, because as soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
Click on the videos link below for a step-by step guide on how to use the online application system, UP Portal and online contract.
1. Online Applications
2. Accessing the UP Portal
- UP applications open on 1 April of the year preceding the year of study.
- Each prospective student must complete only one online application. On the online application the University of Pretoria offers a first and second choice in terms of what you wish to study. All applicants should fill in both a first and second choice on the online application.
- Once your online application has been processed, you will receive a student number(EMPLID).
- Receiving a student number (EMPLID) does NOT imply that you have been accepted by the University of Pretoria yet. Admission is a separate process that your application undergoes after being evaluated by the relevant faculty.
- It is in your best interest to complete your own online application. The University of Pretoria does not make use of representatives, agents or agencies during the application process. If you choose to make use of representatives, agents or agencies, you do so at your own risk. It is of utmost importance that you provide your personal email and postal addresses to enable the University of Pretoria to communicate with you directly.
- For the application for Distance Education admission (Faculty of Education) please visit the “Distance Education ” web page before you apply. Different rules are applicable.
- It is important to note that should you wish to study the selection programmes BSc(Arch)(Architecture) or BSc(Int)(Interior Architecture), you must indicate them as your first choice on your application, or you will not be considered for these programmes. It is also recommended to indicate the other selection programmes as your first choice on the online application.