Wits University www.wits.ac.za Application form for Admission for 2023 has been officially opened, late application may not be considered. Applicants aspiring to be at Wits University can apply for up to three programmes on www.wits.ac.za self-service portal.
The University of the Witwatersrand/Wits University (www.wits.ac.za) Application for admission to undergraduate study programmes for both South African and international citizens close on specific dates in the year preceding the year of study. The closing date for www.wits.ac.za Applications for 2023 all selection programmes is towards the end of June for specific programmes and September for other programmes.
When will www.wits.ac.za Application open for 2022 admission?
Guess what, Wits University www.wits.ac.za applications for 2023 are open. On 30th June 2022, applications for Faculty of Health Sciences (all programmes); Bachelor of Architecture; Bachelor of Audiology, Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology; BA Film and TV should close.
Residence applications and all other programme applications apart from the ones listed above will officially close on 30th September 2022.
Before proceeding to Wits University Application 2023 please note these
You may apply for a maximum of three programmes (order of choice does not matter).
If you apply for two programmes within one Faculty, you are advised to apply for one programme in a less restricted faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce or Science).
Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Health Sciences or Engineering.
- Do not enter the duration of the programme. You are applying to go into 1st year of study.
A non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for foreign citizens, is required.
- For assistance call the Wits Student Call Centre on +27 (0) 11 717 1888.
WITS APPLICATION 2022 / 2023
Wits University Aspirants from South Africa and other countries for undergraduate and postgraduate can take note of the following information.
STEP 1 – APPLY ONLINE
Currently Enrolled Wits Students – Please apply online via the Student Self Service Portal self-service.wits.ac.za of which link you will find on this page.
New Applicants – Don’t have an account yet? Please Create Temporary ID under Step 1 in the online application portal
After creating the temporary ID, proceed to confirm your temporary password in the same page.
With your temporary ID and password, proceed to log in and start the application.
Wits University Additional Forms
Pay Application Fee
- Non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens
- Non-refundable application fee for foreign citizens of R700
- Payments to be made before closing dates
- Use your Person Number or T Number as a reference
How to pay
Deposit the exact amount into the University’s Application Fee account:
- Standard Bank, Account name: Wits University – Application Fees. Current Account Number: 200 346 385, Branch code: Braamfontein 004 805. CI Number 074A. (International payment swift code: SBZAZAJJ). Use your person/student number as a reference.
- Pay by cash or credit card at the Wits Fees Office, Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House), Braamfontein Campus East, Jorissen Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa. Use your person/student number as the reference.
- EFT – Use your Person/Student number as the reference.
STEP 2 – ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF APPLICATION
- You will receive an email from the University acknowledging receipt of your application.
- The acknowledgment letter will contain a person number (which will become your student number), and a reference person for you to contact for any queries you may have.
- All records of correspondence from the University will be available on the student self-service portal https://self-service.wits.ac.za
- Check the status of your application and to do items on the student self-service portal regularly.
- Keep your contact details up-to-date on self-service.
To view all correspondence generated on the Self Service Portal, go to the Main Menu > Self Service > Wits Student Self Service > Communication History
To check your Application Status on the Self Service go to the Main Menu > Self Service > Student Centre > Admissions > View Academic Application Status
STEP 3 – UPLOAD SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
If you did not upload supporting documents at the time of application, you can still do so via the student self-service portal https://self-service.wits.ac.za
Log in with your person number (not your T number) and the first six digits of your ID.
Current Matriculants: Upload your final Grade 11 results (no hardcopy required).
Already Matriculated: Upload certified copies of all your matric certificates/foreign school leaving certificates.
Other Tertiary Institutions: Upload a certified copy of official academic records for ALL tertiary registrations, inclusive of statement/certificate of good conduct, stamped by the institution’s registrar. (Note that interim, self-service generated results will be considered for initial assessment purposes for GEMP applicants ONLY).
Download the Self-Service Guide here.
Alternatively, watch the video here.
Refer to Helpful Information regarding academic documents.
STEP 4 – ACCEPTANCE OF OFFER
- Current Matriculants may be made a provisional offer (depending on self-reported Grade 11 results). Please note that certain programmes have additional selection criteria (interview/audition/NBT). Refer to the Provisional Acceptance Guide.
- Firm offers can only be confirmed after receiving final matric results.
- Applicants who receive a firm offer will be required to go to www.wits.ac.za/regsitration/ for registration details.
- Each choice of degree is treated as a separate application. The order of choice makes no difference.
- Communication offering a firm place and information about registration and orientation programme will reflect on the self service portal, and registration and orientation details will be available on the Wits website.
- Places are limited, therefore you may only accept one offer. You are required to respond to the offer within a few days of your offer letter/sms to secure your place.
- Download the Acceptance Guide
- To make a virtual appointment, please go to https://forms.gle/po5cjCWHjppMxCRv6
Changed your mind about your choice of study?
- DO NOT submit a new application!
- Refer to the closing dates to see if applications are still open for your new selection.
- If you are certain you want to change your programme choice, Amend your choices at https://forms.gle/f34qM9K114qhdqFD8. It is advisable to avoid multiple changes.
- Should your contact details change (e.g. email, residential or postal address or contact numbers) update your new details on the student self-service portal.
If you have not been offered a place at the University for any of your degree choices, please find alternative options here – 2022 Contact Details for School Leavers